Thank you for visiting this space. If you're here, most probably you love books. And books are also my passion. I write the stories I like to read.
Fantasy is the genre I'm most passionate about, but I like to experiment and explore other literary styles as well.
I started writing a long time ago, publishing my first book in 2008. Since then I've never stopped, writing and publishing books and short stories in my native Maltese and also in English.
Check out my books on Goodreads or follow me on Medium.
The following are some of the awards I won:
- The first book I ever published was It-Tielet Qamar (First Quarter), in 2008, and in that same year I was given the Ġieħ Ħad-Dingli award for my contribution to literature.
- My second book, L-Aħħar Ħolma (The Wise Man's Dream), won the Prose for Young Adults category in the National Book Awards of 2010.
- With my third book, Is-Sitt Aħwa (The Six), I won again the Prose for Young Adults category in the National Book Awards of 2012.
- Fil-Mergħat tal-Impossibbli (In the Pastures of Impossiblity), was one of the four finalists in the Novels for Adults category in the National Book Awards of 2014.
- My first book for children, Il-Każ Manduca (The Manduca Case, Virtual Investigator #01), won the Books for Children 8 - 12 category in the National Book Awards of 2015.
- The second book in the Virtual Investigator series, Il-Każ tas-Serqiet Strambi won the Books for Children 8 - 12 category in the National Book Awards of 2017.
Apart from my novels, I have also written a number of short stories which have been included in various publications. These include:
- the transmissions - an online serial story published in 100 word episodes on medium.com. Set in a distant future, the story is told in the voice of a man everyone calls ‘Left’. Here's a review by Ramona Depares #thetransmissions
- Is-Saħħara t'Għajn Tuffieħa (The Witch of Għajn Tuffieħa)- a story published in the book Djamantini (Little Diamonds), a project created by the Maltese Department within Santa Klara College in aid of the children with the Rainbow Ward in Mater Dei Hospital.
- Il-Ħabs tal-Mirja (The Prison of Mirrors) - a story about magic, deceit and love, published in issue 35 of Leħen il-Malti (The Maltese Voice)
- Bint l-Irjieħ (Daughter of the Winds)- a story that appeared in issue 34 storja li dehret fil-ħarġa nru 34 tof Leħen il-Malti (The Maltese Voice)
- It-Tifla li Qalbet il-Muntanja Rasha 'l Isfel (The Girl Who Turned the Mountain Upside Down) - a story for children 7 to 10, selected by MeStories, a student organisation forming part of Young Enterprise. The aim of the project was to publish a number of short stories in electronic and audio format in the form of an app for the iOS platform. This can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/mt/app/mestories/id807062938?mt=8
- Karozza bħal tagħha (A Car Like Hers) - first published in Maltese in issue 33 of Leħen il-Malti (The Maltese Voice), later translated into English as part of the Meditterenean Festival of Literature.
- Vjaġġ ta' Darba (One Way Trip)- a sci-fi short story published in 3.MT, a school book for junior students.
- Sinna (Tooth) (14 June 2014) and Buffura Kliem (A Gust of Words) (11 October 2014) - 2 short stories publised on the Facebook page Għidli Mitejn (Tell me 200). The eBook is available for free download from this link: http://www.gorgmallia.com/200.htm
- QUA - one of 10 stories in the book Awguri Giovanni Bonello published Merlin Publishers in 2017. This is a fantasy tale about two historical figures that left their mark in Maltese history, Mattew 'The Wizard' Falzon and the French Bishop Nicolas Bonet.